Ten Firefly quotes:
- Zoë: Jayne. This is something the captain has to do for himself.
Mal: No. No, it's not!
- Inara: Every well-bred petty crook knows that the small, concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
- Mal: Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.
- Mal: 'Kay, help me find our man. He's supposed to be older, kind of stocky, wears a red sash crossways.
Kaylee: Why does he do that?
Mal: Maybe he won the Miss Persephone pageant. Just help me look.
Kaylee: Is that him?
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?
- Wash: Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principle form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God.
- Mal: Yeah. That went well.
Inara: You call this going well?
Mal: We got the loot, didn't we?
Inara: Yes, but...
Mal: Then I call it a win. What's the problem?
Inara: Should I start with the part where you're stranded in the middle of nowhere or the part where you have no clothes?
- Mal: Looks can be deceiving.
Jayne: Not as deceiving as a low down, dirty... deceiver.
Mal: Well said.
- Wash: Ha ha ha, mine is an evil laugh, now die!
- Jayne: Well, I don't like the idea of someone hearin' what I'm thinkin'.
Inara: No one likes the idea of hearing what you're thinking.
- Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
Today is Joss Whedon's birthday, and over on Facebook people are celebrating by posting Firefly quotes as their status message (mine is number 8 above). Why Firefly and not Buffy or Angel or Dollhouse? Beats me. Also, who cares?