Ten songs featured in first season episodes of Community:
- Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeroes - Home (featured in the episode "Debate 109")
- Karla DeVito - We Are Not Alone ("Communication Studies")
- Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London ("Physical Education")
- Violent Femmes - Please Do Not Go ("Football, Feminism, & You")
- Aimee Mann - Wise Up ("Spanish 101")
- The Fratellis - Whistle for the Choir ("The Politics Of Human Sexuality")
- Matt & Kim - Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare ("Pilot")
- Florence + the Machine - Kiss with a Fist ("Comparative Religion")
- The Heavy - How You Like Me Now ("Social Psychology")
- Kate Nash - Merry Happy ("Interpretive Dance")
Community is currently my favorite show on TV. It is possible you are already of this as a result of my having mentioned that it was currently my favorite show several times, and posted links to Community fanfic and fan graphics I created, and episodes of the show showing up repeatedly as the "music" I was listening to while composing posts over the summer. This is a big week for Community fans, as both the first season DVD set and the soundtrack album are being released tomorrow, and the season premiere is this coming Thursday. In light of all this, I have decided that all my lists this week will be about Community. Aren't you excited? If not, you should be. In fact, I insist on it! Commence being excited ... NOW!
Anyway, I liked many of the songs featured in Community during its first season. I'm particularly fond of the first and eighth songs listed above. Judge for yourself by watching the videos below. I won't hold it against you if you don't like them. Much. For long.