Ten things I liked about the season premiere of Community:
- The long pan across the bedrooms of each of the seven main characters that opened the episode ...
- And the song (The Fratellis - Baby Fratelli) that played over that scene
- Troy's reaction to learning Jeff and Britta had sex on the study room table
- Annie punching Jeff in the nose
- Jeff and Britta's kiss in the anthropology classroom
- The George Clooney impersonator Abed hired to be Jeff's best man
- Professor Bauer shooting Starburns with a blowgun
- Annie twisting her hair around her finger
- The "Twittersode" that preceded it
I assume you all watched the season premiere of Community last night, but just in case I decided to throw this list behind a cut. For me, watching the episode was more difficult than I anticipated. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, if for no reason other than that I don't own a TV. Someone in the Community 101 LiveJournal community provided a link to a live stream of NBC that I thought I might be able to use. The problem there was that the show aired at 7 PM Central, and I had choir rehearsal at 7:30 PM, so watching it at home wasn't going to be possible. But I knew they had wireless Internet access at the church, so I thought that if I left early and took my laptop with me I could watch it there. But the Internet connection there sucked, so watching streaming video was right out. (It was barely fast enough to handle the Twitter event.)
So after rehearsal, I headed over to the Starbucks on State Street to watch the west coast NBC stream. Naturally, the west coast stream was on the fritz, so ultimately I ended up downloading it via BitTorrent. Which, for some reason, was ungodly slow. It took nearly two hours to download, which is ridiculous for a 175 MB file. (And it wasn't the connection; as a test, I downloaded something else and it came through lickety-split, 71 MB in about 13 minutes.) However, ultimately the download did finish and I watched it. Then I immediately watched it a second time, so it was probably just as well I ended up downloading it.
Speaking of the Twittersode (dumb name, but I don't have a better one), if you want to read it, follow that link up above and skip to page 18, find the Tweet from @AnnieEdisonGCC, and work backwards from there. It was pretty funny, especially the #SimulatedBritta Tweets.