Behold as I use hypertext to recommend content of possible interest to you that can be found elsewhere on the Internet!
- Principled conservatives in Missouri take bold stand in favor of animal cruelty. This is even better than the story out of Tennessee about the free-market fire fighters who watched someone's house burn down because the owner hadn't bought into the fire fighting service.
- South Carolina: electing lunatics to Congress for the better part of 230 years. I've said this before, but seriously, why did we let these guys back into the Union?
- The Old 97's have a new album coming out October 12, but if you can't wait, you can listen to the full album online. I did, and it's very good!
- I volunteered at the McFarland Family Fest this weekend, and spotted a concession stand owned by former FBI Director Louis "French" Frie on the midway. (Note: I stole that joke from my brother.)
- Some anonymous asshole made a unspeakably rude comment about the death of a bicyclist killed by a hit-and-run driver on the St. Petersburg Times website, and the paper responded by running one of the most remarkable obituaries I've ever read.
- U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) Fires Unnamed Staffer Who Wrote Gay Slur Online. I was legitimately surprised by this, which should tell you something about my opinion of the Senate Republican caucus.
- Tony Curtis obituaries compared. Curtis said in an interview with Roger Ebert that Laurence Olivier was also in the film in which he allegedly said "Yondah lies the castle of my faddah," which means it was neither of the films mentioned in the AP and NYT obits, because the only film in which both Curtis and Olivier appeared was Spartacus.
- No matter how many times I see it, this makes me giggle uncontrollably every time I look at it.
- Ward Sutton is one of my favorite political cartoonists. He does the editorial cartoons by "Kelly" that run in The Onion, and he recently did a Sunday feature for the Boston Globe of comic strips as reinvented by "Tea Party cartoonist Joe Smith."
- Funny charts: Can We Date? and the Grand Taxonomy of Rap Names
- Funny webcomics by Ryan Pequin: Mating Calls of Adolescent Birds, Bad Doctor, Cursed.
- Vote for Gettysburg v. Greencastle-Antrim to be the Fox 43 High School Football Game of the Week! My niece goes to Gettysburg, and since it and G-A are much smaller than the other schools nominated to be Game of the Week, they need the help!
That is all.