- Mon, 16:28: Capitol tours, part 2 http://t.co/DZrxM4k9Ts
- Mon, 19:20: Just started reading a new history of the Mexican War. Heard it's particularly tough on Polk but trying to keep an open mind.
- Mon, 19:21: It's hard, though, when the author gets the details of the Missouri Compromise wrong in the very first chapter.
- Mon, 19:21: If the location of the line above which slavery cannot spread can be called a detail and not the defining fact of the compromise.
- Mon, 19:25: Well, one of the two, anyway, along with simultaneously admitting Missouri as a slave state and Maine as a free state. Still.
- Mon, 19:28: The point is, saying the Missouri Compromise restricted the spread of slavery to below the Mason-Dixon Line is not a minor mistake.
- Mon, 19:30: Not that 36'30" isn't below the Mason-Dixon Line, but you know what I mean.
- Mon, 19:37: Well, yes, I suppose it did, but not how I would describe it ... http://t.co/c2iqVStwRH His Missouri Compromise of 1820 calmed a sect...
- Mon, 20:14: @mgeschwind TL;DR: The Mason-Dixon Line has nothing to do with the Missouri Compromise; a historian who says otherwise may be untrustworthy.
Madison Metro held a "Tweet Chat" this afternoon; General Manager Chuck Kamp and Transit and Parking Commission member Margaret Bergamini we…
CAN WE PLEASE STOP BEING RACIST WHEN WE OBJECTIFY WOMEN? #MissAmerica— Hari Kondabolu (@harikondabolu) September 16, 2013 If you follow…
I mentioned the other day that I've been watching a lot of romantic comedies lately, and that I've been guided in my choices by lists of favorite…