Happy Thanksgiving to all my American pals! May you, like this turkey hopes to, make it through the day without being killed and eaten. Here is a partial list of things for which I'm thankful this year:
- That I'll be spending today with both my siblings and their spouses, five of their seven children, and my grandmother.
- That Grandma remains reasonably healthy at the age of 96.
- And that my dad also remains healthy at the age of 81.
- And that I and the rest of the family also remains healthy.
- That I'm working.
- That I've found a church home in Madison that has encouraged and challenged me to help others and that has helped me when I've needed it.
- That Community returns on January 2.
- That I rent from a very sweet woman who was more than gracious about the rent when I faced some financial troubles earlier in the year.
- That there weren't six elections, including two with historically high turnouts, this year.
- That I live in a city with a good public transit system.
I hope that you all have a lot to be thankful for today, too.