Ten animals that are poisonous to humans:
- White-spotted Puffer (Arothron hispidus)
- Golden poison dart frog (Phyllobates terribilis)
- Inland taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus)
- Boomslang (Dispholidus typus)
- Cone snail (Conus geographus)
- Box jellyfish (Chironex fleckeri)
- Brown recluse spider (Loxosceles reclusa)
- Israeli yellow scorpion (Leiurus quinquestriatus)
- Gila monster (Heloderma suspectum)
- Greater blue-ringed octopus (Hapalochlaena lunulata)
spuffylove wanted a list that mentioned the brown recluse spider, which is one of the least dangerous animals listed here.
As many Harry Potter fans know, shredded boomslang skin is an ingredient in polyjuice potion. I must admit that until tonight I didn't know it was a real animal.