Ten members of the U.S. Marine Corps Detachment on board the U.S.S. Arizona killed in action during the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941:
- Corporal Edwin Charles Borusky, Langdon, N.D.
- Private David Delton Evans, New Orleans, La.
- Pvt. Harold Wyatt Hope, Borger, Texas.
- Private First Class William Joseph Lovshin, Ely, Minn.
- PFC. William Jacob Schneider, Chicago, Ill.
- PFC. Gilbert Henry Whisler, Bloomfield, Iowa
- Corp. Burnis Leroy Burns, Wiggins, Miss.
- PFC. Robert Charles Erskine, Siloam Springs, Ark.
- Master Gunnery Sergeant Walter Holzworth, Bergenfield, N.J.
- PFC. James Ernest Lindsay, Montrose, Calif.
Of the 88 Marines stationed on board the battleship Arizona, only fifteen survived. In total, 1,177 of the Arizona's crew perished in the attack, accounting for more than half the fatalities that day.