Ten specific dates I remember for some reason:
- November 23, 1963 (Doctor Who premieres)
- April 4, 1968 (Martin Luther King, Jr., assassinated)
- September 11 (In addition to the obvious reason, it was also my mom's birthday)
- April 20 (Hitler's birthday; also my dad and stepmother's wedding anniversary)
- December 7, 1941 (A date that will live in infamy)
- March 10, 1970 (sister's birthday)
- June 6, 1944 (D-Day)
- August 30, 2001 (laid off from PSINet)
- January 18, 1960 (brother's birthday)
- November 28, 2004 (first day of Advent 2004)
tsukata wanted to see a list of dates that I remember for some reason. I was unclear at first whether she wanted a list of calendar dates or of relationship-type dates, but she was kind enough to clear it up for me.
Just in case you were wondering why I remember Hitler's birthday, it's because at one time I held the theory that an unusually large number of bad things happened near my birthday (April 16; mark your calendars!). I know the date Lincoln was assassinated and when the Titanic sank for the same reason, but I didn't want to overload the list with April dates.
The reason I happen to know that November 28 is the first day of Advent this year is that just yesterday I had to figure it out without benefit of a calendar. That was fun.