My list today was going to be "ten suprises in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," but a) I've only come up with seven entries after thinking about it for a half-hour, and b) they all suck. So screw it.
Ten songs from my music library that have the name of a state in the title:
- Charlie Daniels Band, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
- Rufus Wainwright, "California"
- Word of Mouth Chorus, "Alabama"
- Bobby Darin and Johnny Mercer, "Mississippi Mud"
- Dar Williams, "Iowa (Traveling III)"
- The Pogues, "Fairytale of New York"
- The B-52s, "Private Idaho"
- The Beatles, "Memphis Tennessee"
- Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, "Ohio"
- Patty Griffin, "Florida"
I guess "Mississippi Mud" is more about the river than the state, but so what.