Ten famous armadillos:
- Slow-and-Solid, from Kipling's "The Beginning of the Armadillos"
- Stickly-Prickly, also from Kipling's "The Beginning of the Armadillos"
- Bibo, from The Road to El Dorado
- The Neon Armadillo, now-defunct country music nightclub on Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World
- Clarence, the stuffed armadillo kept in Judge Stone's office in the NBC sitcom Night Court
- Armadillo World Headquarters, now-closed concert hall in Austin, Texas
- The Holiday Armadillo, Santa's part-Jewish friend
- Herman, Maynard G. Kreb's pet armadillo in the CBS sitcom The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis
- "The Armadillo," officially known as Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow, Scotland
- Andy the Armadillo, mascot of the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain
jenelope didn't think I could do a list of famous armadillos. I think most of these are, if not exactly famous, reasonably well known, so there.