Ten modern organizations that claim or claimed to adhere to the historical traditions of Rosicrucianism:
- Kabbalistic Order of the Rosy Cross
- Le Cénacle de la Rose-Croix
- Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis
- Rosicrucian Fellowship
- Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia
- The Anthroposophical Society
- Rosicrucian Order Crotona Fellowship
- Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
- Fraternitas Rosae Crucis
- Lectorium Rosicrucianum
The Rosicrucian Brotherhood was a secretive society, supposedly founded in 15th century, devoted to the study of ancient mystical, philosophical, and religious doctrines and concerned with the application of these doctrines to modern life. Alternatively, it was a 17th century joke that caught the fancy of a relatively large number of overly credulous individuals with too much time on their hands. In either case, Rosicrucianism survives to this day and continues to be taken way too seriously, though there is some disagreement among modern Rosicrucians as to what the point of it is.
This list was requested by mrghoul, who in his spare time serves as the Grand Master of the Ohio Grand Lodge of the Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis.