Ten bookstores I have visited:
I was supposed to handle one of brooding_soul's requests today, and I had the germ of an idea of how to address it, but it wasn't, um, germinating. So I skipped down several days to fulfill spuffylove's dream of seeing Books-A-Million mentioned in a list.
The first of these bookstores I visited was the Kroch's & Brentano's in Chicago. That was a great store. The most recent was the Books-A-Million in Harrisonburg, which occured earlier today. See, my friend Lori had to go to H'burg for a business meeting today, and I had the day off, so I suggested that I keep her company on the long drive down. Conveniently, the BAM was less than a mile from where Lori's client site, so I hung out there while she was working. Kind of a busman's holiday, I suppose, but it's not like I really had anything better to do.
- City Lights Books (San Francisco, Calif.)
- Kroch & Brentano's (Chicago, Ill.)
- Bonifant Books (Wheaton, Md.)
- Capitol Hill Books (Washington, D.C.)
- Books-A-Million (Harrisonburg, Va.)
- Prairie Lights Bookstore (Iowa City, Iowa)
- Anderson's Bookshop (Naperville, Ill.)
- Bryn Mawr Book Store (Cambridge, Mass.)
- Four Seasons Books (Shepherdstown, W.V.)
- Paperback Exchange (Florence, Italy)