Ten athletes who competed in both the Summer and Winter Olympics Games:
- Chris Witty, USA (cycling, 2000; speed skating, 2006)
- Jeroen Straathof, NED (speed skating, 1994; cycling, 2004)
- Arnold Uhrlass, USA (speed skating, 1960; cycling, 1964)
- Jacob Tullin Thams, NOR (ski jumping, 1924; sailing, 1936
- Clara Hughes, CAN (speed skating, 2002; cycling, 1996
- Eddie Eagan, USA (boxing, 1920; bobsleigh, 1932
- Igor Boraska, CRO (rowing, 2000 and 2004; bobsleigh 2002)
- Susan Holloway, CAN (cross-country skiing, 1976; canoe and kayak, 1984)
- Connie Paraskevin-Young, USA (speed skating, 1984 and 1980; cycling, 1996, 1992, and 1988)
- Arthur Longsjo, USA (speed skating and cycling, 1956)
Honorable mention goes to Willie Gault, who qualified for both (athletics, 1980; bobsleigh, 1988) but competed in neither. Apologies to the hard-working researchers at Ask Yahoo, from whom I shamelessly cribbed this list.
And apropos of nothing, here's a little something for amandajane5 and all you other Smallville fans out there. Thanks to the Absorbascon for the link.