Ten songs that mention Santa Monica Boulevard:
- Pansy Division, "Fluffy City"
- Atmosphere, "National Disgrace"
- Duran Duran, "Drive By"
- Nik Kershaw, "Lady on the Phone"
- System of a Down, "Lost in Hollywood"
- Marc Almond, "Solo Adultos"
- Frank Zappa, "The Blue Light"
- Gomez, "Waster"
- Gerry Rafferty, "Welcome to Hollywood"
- Steve Hackett, "Strutton Ground"
The other day I was looking for my list of good Harry Potter fanfics, and I stumbled across a long-forgotten text file called santamonica.txt, which contained a list of seven songs. A couple years ago, I got the idea to do a list of songs that mentioned Florida Highway A1A. That idea quickly went up in smoke, and it would appear that I then moved on to compile a list of songs that mentioned Santa Monica Boulevard. That too foundered upon the rocks, and I ended posting a less specific list, Ten songs that mention roads. So tonight as I was thinking about a list topic, I remembered santamonica.txt and decided to try to find three more songs that mentioned Santa Monica Boulevard. And in fact, I found five more, which allowed me to leave off the two best-known songs to mention Santa Monica Boulevard (Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do" and Randy Newman's "I Love L.A."), the idea of which was sort of appealing to me for some deeply nerdish reason.