Ten American television series based on foreign television series:
- Deal or No Deal (based on the Dutch series Miljoenenjacht)
- Junkyard Wars (based on the British series Scrapheap Challenge)
- Beyond Tomorrow (based on the Australian series Beyond 2000)
- Supernanny (based on the British series of the same name)
- Iron Chef America (based on the Japanese series Ryori no tetsujin)
- CD USA (based on the British series CD UK)
- Ugly Betty (based on the Colombian series Yo Soy Betty La Fea)
- Cracker (based on the British series of the same name)
- The Office (based on the British series of the same name)
- Survivor (based on the Swedish series Expedition: Robinson)
Today's list is for sunbrae, who had to wait longer than anyone else to see one of her requests. Yes, I know I said the same thing about astrablue just two days ago. I was wrong. Verily, I sucketh.
Anyway, sunbrae wanted to see The Office mentioned in a list. She didn't specify whether she wanted to see the American or the British version, so I've rather cleverly included both. This list was much harder to create than I thought it would be. It would have been easy to do a list of American remakes of British shows, but I thought it would be more interesting to include shows from other countries as well, so I decided that no more than half of the list would be remakes of British shows. The first four non-British shows came pretty easily, but the last (no. 3) was tough to find. I almost caved and used a second Dutch show, but in the end I was able to avoid having to do so. Phew!