Ten rock drummers:
- Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick)
- Torry Castellano, a.k.a. Donna C. (The Donnas)
- William Rieflin (R.E.M.)
- Meg White (The White Stripes)
- Charlie Quintana (Social Distortion)
- John Otto (Limp Bizkit)
- Jai Johanny Johanson (Allman Brothers Band)
- Samantha Maloney (Hole)
- Alex Van Halen (Van Halen)
- Kenny Aronoff (session musician)
Today's list was inspired by my discovery of this classic Target commercial on the YouTube. I remember seeing this on TV back in the day, but since it was made to promote a specific event, they never aired it again after the event ended, despite being wicked awesome. Anyway, that's Carlos and Castellano jamming together in the ad, which is why they're leading off the list.
I should also point out before someone else (possibly thewalnut) does that William Rieflin isn't considered an "official" member of R.E.M. He's recorded and toured with them since 2004's Around the Sun, but as an "other musician." Officially, the band is still a trio.