Ten animals discussed in Altruistic Armadillos, Zenlike Zebras by Jeffrey Masson:
- Paua (Haliotis spp.)
- Ratites (Order Struthioniformes)
- Naked Mole Rat (Heterocephalus glaber)
- Tasmanian Devil (Sarcophilus harrisii)
- Kiwis (Apteryx spp.)
- Bison (Bison bison)
- Great Horned Owl (Bubo virginianus)
- Coconut Crab (Birgus latro)
- Frogs (Order Anura)
- Gibbons (Family Hylobatidae)
It should be noted that kiwis are ratites. I don't know why the author considers the kiwi separately from the other ratites -- ostriches, emus, cassowaries, and rheas -- but "why did the author do that" is a question I have found myself asking many, many times as I read this book.
And yes, I picked up this book just because it mentioned armadillos in the title. I'm shallow that way.