Ten Jerry Falwell quotes:
- "I do not believe we can blame genetics for adultery, homosexuality, dishonesty and other character flaws."
- "Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."
- "AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."
- "Textbooks are Soviet propaganda."
- "I had a student ask me, 'Could the savior you believe in save Osama bin Laden?' Of course, we know the blood of Jesus Christ can save him, and then he must be executed."
- "Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America."
- "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"
- "Joseph Farah raises a clarion call to action in his new book, Taking America Back. He hits the nail on the head on every issue. What's more, he lays the blame for America's problems right where it belongs -- in the lap of liberalism. His insightful analysis of what he calls 'this evil ideology' is worth the price of the book. Don't miss it!"
- "It appears that America's anti-Biblical feminist movement is at last dying, thank God, and is possibly being replaced by a Christ-centered men's movement which may become the foundation for a desperately needed national spiritual awakening."
- "The whole [global warming] thing is created to destroy America's free enterprise system and our economic stability."
Quite a guy, that Mr. Falwell. I'm loath to say I'm happy anyone is dead, much less a fairly odious person like Falwell, but I can't say I'll miss him.