Ten ultimate travel experiences in the USA, according to Rough Guides:
- Witness power in action in Washington, D.C.
- Check the progress of the Crazy Horse Memorial, S.D.
- Tour Graceland, Memphis, Tenn.
- Stroll through downtown Savannah, Ga.
- Catch a baseball game at Wrigley Field, Chicago
- Attend a ceremonial dance at Taos Pueblo, N.M.
- Scope out the scene on Ocean Drive, Miami
- Watch the fish fly at Pike Place Market, Seattle
- Go wolf-watching in Yellowstone National Park, Wyo.
- Reconsider the wild west in Monument Valley, Ariz./Utah
To celebrate their 25th anniversary, Rough Guides has released a
series of small guides — literally small, 4" by 5" — to what
they consider the twenty-five very best things to do around the world.
This list is drawn from the USA guide; other guides in the series
include India, China, Australia, Britain and Ireland, Canada, Eastern
Europe, France, Italy, Mexico and Central America, the Middle East, New
Zealand, South America, Europe,
Southeast Asia, Spain, and Africa. There are also themed guides:
Adventure Travel, Ethical Travel, Journeys, Islands, Places to Stay, and
For what it's worth, I've done two of the things listed above, nos. 1 and 5. I may have driven along Ocean Drive on my way down to Key West a few years ago; perhaps boliver and rustydogcan refresh my memory. How many have you done?