Ten organizations dedicated to eliminating light pollution:
- International Dark-Sky Association
- Campaign for Dark Skies
- New England Light Pollution Advisory Group
- SELENE of New York
- Citizens for Responsible Lighting
- Virginia Outdoor Lighting Taskforce
- CieloBuio - Coordinamento per la protezione del cielo notturno
- Cel Fosc, Asociación contra la Contaminación Lumínica
- Fatal Light Awareness Program
Sometimes you get an idea for a list and for whatever reason it just doesn't come together. This is not, in my opinion, an outstanding list (sorry, rustydog!) but it's a vast improvement over the original, which has been consigned to the bit bucket, never to see the light of day.
SELENE, by the way, stands for Sensible and Efficient Lighting to Enhance the Nighttime Environment. And the "fatal light" in no. 9 refers not to some sort of orbiting death ray, but to the disorienting and frequently deadly effect light pollution has on birds and insects.