John Heaton (jheaton) wrote,
John Heaton

A question about my stove

I know there are some other electric stove users out there, so maybe someone can help me with this. I don't have one of those fancy-dancy heat-induction models, nor even one with those nice glass-ceramic stove tops, just one with old-fashioned iron heating coils. Under each coil is something that looks like a metal bowler hat with a hole cut in the crown. I guess it's a drip bowl or something. Anyway, the other day when I was cleaning the stove top -- the first time it'd been cleaned in many a year, judging by the amount of caked-on crud surrounding the burners -- I went to remove the bowler hat thing from beneath the largest coil, it -- the bowl -- sort of disintegrated. Now I'm unsure whether I can use that burner without replacing the drip bowl. I mean, a new drip bowl will only cost about ten bucks, but it'll be a few days before I can get to an appliance store. Any thoughts?

  • My tweets

    Sat, 16:42: Aaaaand I'm told signage is now up at that location announcing its closure as of this coming Monday. Congratulations Ald. Rummel et…

  • My tweets

    Fri, 21:02: RT @ RepDanielRiemer: Foxconn announces they will now shift to making golden shovels for photo-ops of losing politicians, dishonest…

  • My tweets

    Thu, 12:47: It's not just me happily assuming that's a MAGA hat. Thu, 12:49: RT @ DickKingSmith: Are looking for…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.