Ten things I did in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, yesterday:
- Attended a worship service at Christ Lutheran Church ...
- ... and served as a pillow for nephew David, who stayed up way too late the night before
- Gave nephew Matthew a copy of a childhood favorite of mine, The Flying Hockey Stick
- Made niece Libby give me five dollars out of her piggy bank ...
- ... and put it back later when she wasn't watching
- Wiped drool of chin of nephew Benjamin
- Shared delicious dinner with my brother and sister
- Watched "Save the Armadillo," an episode of Wonder Pets
- Pretended to work as a fashion designer in a design studio run by niece Libby
- Watched episodes of Caillou with niece Molly
As I mentioned yesterday, I was up in Gettysburg visiting my sister and brother and their respective families. In case you were wondering why I was extorting money from my niece, it is this way: on a previous visit, Libby hired me to work for her design firm, and when she asked me to take up my pencil again, I complained about not having been paid for my previous service. Of course, I didn't actually want her money, which is why I returned it later, but I felt it was important to stay true to the spirit of the game.
Incidentally, by all accounts Matthew loved the book I gave him. Yay!