Ten individuals who received honorary degrees from Arizona State University:
- Raul H. Castro, Governor of Arizona
- Sandra Day O'Connor, U.S. Supreme Court Justice
- Virginia Galvin Piper, philanthropist
- Virginia Ullman, philanthropist
- John Browne, Baron Browne of Madingley, President of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Charles A. Stauffer, owner and publisher of The Arizona Republic and The Phoenix Gazette
- Frank Borman, astronaut
- George W. Romney, politician and businessman
- Eddie Basha, founder of Bashas' Supermarkets
- Edson W. Spencer, chairman and CEO of Honeywell Industries Inc.
Politico reports that although President Obama will speak at Arizona State University's commencement next month, he will not be presented with an honorary degree at that time.