Ten more parks I've been to:
- Griffith Park (Los Angeles)
- Centennial Olympic Park (Atlanta)
- Memorial Park (Mt. Vernon, Iowa)
- Central Park (New York)
- Stanton Park (Washington)
- Boston Common (Boston)
- Lake Ellyn Park (Glen Ellyn, Ill.)
- Baker Park (Frederick, Md.)
- Washington & Old Dominion Railroad Regional Park (Northern Virginia)
- John F. Kennedy Plaza (Philadelphia)
I like to visit parks, possibly because I grew up in a town that has an award-winning park district. Unfortunately, the Loudoun County Parks and Recreation Department fails to live up to the standard set by the Wheaton Park District. The Town of Leesburg and the Northern Virginia Regional Parks Authority picks up some of the slack, and the various subdivisions and planned communities provide private recreational facilities for their residents (my community has a pool and several tot lots, for example), but it still strikes me as kind of inadequate for a county this size.
Oh, and speaking of the great outdoors, Happy Earth Day!