Ten state symbols of Wisconsin:
- State Wildlife Animal: White-tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- State Grain: Corn (Zea mays)
- State Animal: Badger (Taxidea taxus)
- State Beverage: Milk
- State Fish: Muskellunge (Esox masquinongy Mitchell)
- State Dog: American Water Spaniel
- State Tree: Sugar Maple (Acer saccharum)
- State Fossil: Trilobite (Calymene celebra)
- State Bird: Robin (Turdus migratorius)
- State Soil: Antigo Silt Loam (Typic glossoboralf)
As I said to my brother-in-law earlier tonight: "State wildlife animal? What, because of all the tame badgers you have around here?"
I would also like to point out that the Illinois state fossil, the Tully Monster (Tullimonstrum gregarium), is way cooler than Wisconsin's.