Ten anthologies of Christmas poems and/or stories I recently borrowed from my local library:
- Christmas at the New Yorker: Stories, Poems, Humor, and Art
- A Child's Christmas Treasury, Mark Daniels, ed.
- The Book of Christmas, Fiona Waters, ed.
- Diane Goode's American Christmas
- The Young Oxford Book of Christmas Poems, Michael Harrison and Christopher Stuart-Clark, ed.
- Michael Foreman's Christmas Treasury
- Joy to the World: a Family Christmas Treasury, Anne Keay Beneduce, ed.
- It's Christmas! by Jack Prelutsky
- The Kingfisher Book of Classic Christmas Stories, Ian Whybrow, ed.
- A Little House Christmas: Holiday Stories from the Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
The first day of Advent is a mere 13 days away, which means it's almost time for my annual Advent project. This year I'll be posting a seasonal poem or work of prose each day through January 6, a.k.a. the twelfth day of Christmas. I posted poems in 2003 and 2006 as well, but luckily there's no shortage of Christmas literature out there. I'm a little behind schedule this year; normally by this time I would know exactly what poems I would be posting on what day, but this year I'm still choosing the material. I'll be ready by November 29, though.