Ten of the 1,000 places to see in the USA and Canada before I die that I have, in fact, seen before dying:
- The Freedom Trail, Boston
- Bridge Day Festival, Fayetteville, W.Va.
- The Hirshhorn Museum & the Phillips Collection, Washington
- Lake Tahoe, Nev.
- Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo, San Diego
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, New York
- The Currier Museum, Manchester, N.H.
- Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Fla.
- Assateague Island, Va.
I didn't go through and count how many of the 1,000 places mentioned in the book 1,000 Places to See in the USA and Canada Before You Die I've seen, but I did notice that I have been to all 18 of the places in the District of Columbia, and that I've seen at least one of the listed places in 21 of the 29 states I've visited. It may also be worth noting that I visited no. 9 with boliver and rustydog, and no. 5 with both of them plus jenelope, sep, astrablue, allthatjazmyne and possibly several other LJ friends. Come to think of it, I could have made a list of ten places in the book that I visited with one or more LJ friends. I'm too lazy to go back and redo it at this point, though.